Me, Elsewhere

nurse*lover*friend*dreamer*writer*

main page: lovemisangel.tumblr.com
instagram: lovemisangel
twitter: @saaaamsays

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Post Coffee Rhapsody

There is actually no such thing as the strongest coffee to keep you awake. Because sometimes, even if wide awake, you wish yourself to be sleeping just to blur reality away.
 - lovemisangel 

It was midday when I had the incessant need for coffee. My eyes drooped and noise at the workplace could lull me to sleep. The heavy air-conditioning was helping my case too. 

I pulled an all-nighter last night but I won't regret for doing so. Chelsea the dog is back in the city. I was watching her as she lay on my lap. She lost weight and her fur looks more ruffled than the usual. We feel a bit troubled, honestly.

I went out for lunch and hoped that the fast-food chain nearby could serve something with caffeine in it. I wasn't hoping for a chilled beverage because it was too much to hope for. Starbucks was blocks away and I was too zombified to go that far.

At the counter, I couldn't help but smile for they had just added chilled coffee to their menu. Happy!

The chilled beverage was not too strong, and in my opinion there was too much cream that didn't go with the taste that I was looking for. Maybe I should have asked the waitress for less cream. But I didn't let my negative thoughts go further. Overall, the iced mocha from McDonalds was a good 60 pesos find. I was looking for iced coffee and now I have one. I should just let the good time roll.

Sipping on their brew, I let my thoughts flow freely and allowed myself to bask in this brief escape.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment